Monday, May 21, 2012

National Natural Hair Meetup Day!

On Saturday, I attended Boston's National Natural Hair Meetup Day event hosted by My Natural Beautiful Natural Essence. Boston naturals came out in full force. The event was absolutely packed! Wall to wall beautiful natural women rocking braid outs, twist outs, locs, braids and fades. The hair in the room was so fly and so big it was blocking views of the speakers! As a fairly new natural it was inspiring to be amongst so many other women who are embracing their natural hair. It makes me proud of my decision to go natural.


Please excuse the awful pictures this was my first time photographing an event for the blog and I was too shy to ask people if I could take their picture. Also the venue was a tad dark but seriously look at those beautiful heads of hair! I promise to do better next time.

4 comments:

  1. I was also at the event & I remember seeing you (up on the roof near the bar) . I didn't make it downstairs as it was entirely too packed for my liking. Boston naturals definitely came out in full force.

    Congrats on deciding to become natural!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Randi, thanks for being the first person to comment on my blog. Yay! As far as the event, the place was too packed; that's why I was on the roof as well. I am thinking the next meetup should definitely be held at a larger facility now that it's known how hard Boston natural's represent!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you ladies for coming out to the event! The event was definitely packed to the max and honestly we wasn't expecting to see so many beautiful naturals out. Next year, the event will definitely be in a larger venue! Until then, we will have more events on a smaller scale throughout the New England area.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Andrea,thank you for hosting the event! I am definitely looking forward to attending some of the smaller events.

      Delete