Monday, May 14, 2012

I Went Natural, You Can Too!

It was that damn Joan Carol Clayton! It was all her fault that luscious big crazy hair beckoned me the first time I saw it on my TV screen. I wanted it.  But like so many other people who desire to natural I was discouraged by umm just about everyone I knew and I quote, “Girl, you don’t have hair like Joan. Your sh@$ is nappy”.  So I didn’t go natural until now (well last year). I shaved all my hair off ala Amber Rose and rocked a low fade for about 5 months. It was the most liberating thing I had ever done in my life! No relaxers, no sitting in the salon for hours, no combing, no worrying and about rain drops falling on my head. I am currently rocking a 2.5 inch TWA (Teenie weenie afro) who I loving call Lola!  She is a rebel without a cause, a curly, frizzy, coily mess of hair who I adore. I will do a more in depth discussion about my journey to natural hair in a later post but for now I wanted to introduce everyone to the co-star of my blog. So without further ado, meet Lola!


Normally I wouldn't use the same outfit for back to back posts about different subjects but Lola was looking especially fabulous I just had to use the pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment